I came across this in an article. Although I have came across this many times before, I still thought that it will be a good idea to put it in here so that I can constantly remind myself especially when my fingers get itchy.
I have loaded SIA, SriTrang and Mewah last week during the Fukushima nuclear scare. Also unloaded my SGS Bonds ssince I got the interest payment and the yield shot up recently. I will consider going in again if the yield drop to reasonable level.
The Seven Immutable Laws of Investing.
1. Always insist on a margin of safety
2. This time is never different
3. Be patient and wait for the fat pitch
4. Be contrarian
5. Risk is the permanent loss of capital, never a number
6. Be leery of leverage
7. Never invest in something you don’t understand